This page houses a consolidation of my whisky marks by grade. Within each grading category, whiskies are sorted further according to some finer preferences. Whiskies in italics are those that I haven’t owned a bottle of (tried at a tasting, a bar, etc.) and so rankings of those whiskies need to be discounted appropriately.
Also, inspired by Oliver Klimek at “Dramming”, below I provide a list of my top 5 “Best bang-for-your-buck” drams (which are also readily available). Of course, these are relative to LCBO (Ontario) prices, and may not translate perfectly into your local prices.
1. Laphroaig Quarter Cask. A / $70 (Oliver had this one, too)
2. Bruichladdich ‘The Laddie Ten’. B+ / $64 (70cl)
3. Glenfarclas `105′. A- / $84 (70cl)
4. Glenlivet 16yo Nadurra. B+ / $84
5. Jura 12, “Elixir. B+ / $60
Honourable Mention: Ardmore Traditional Cask. B- / $44